03 February 2013

Snow

There is a little snow fluttering down this afternoon. Not enough to disrupt anything and not enough for my tastes. I love the snow. I love the way it blanks out all the evil and ugly things in life. Eva Cassidy is playing on the radio. "The balm that heals the sin sick soul."  That is how I feel about snow.  It covers the earth with its healing cover and all looks whole and bright again. Anything is possible on a snowy night. There is a luminosity of light captured that emanates from fresh fallen snow.  Is it hope? Is it peace? 

Eva Cassidy is one of my favorite artists. She was born here in Washington, DC in 1963 and passed from this life in Bowie, Md in 1996, the year I moved back to DC. . Yesterday would have been her 50th birthday.  She had a lovely voice.  Her recordings continue to be released. You can find out more about her at her webpage: http://evacassidy.org/eva/.  As is usual with many artists, Eva was revered in the UK and Australia.  This web site in England is also a wonderful tribute. www.oaksite.co.uk/bioblue.html 

OK, I think I successfully added a song by Eva to the blog as well. I'm learning.  I meant to do it after this posting but it may appear before.  I'm learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment